Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

The French Countryside | Wanderlust Wednesday

For as long as I can remember I have adored France. The food, the architecture, the landscape: all of it. My mum studied French at university, so it was always an obvious place for us to go on holiday when we were younger and some of my earliest memories - learning to ride a bike with my dad and cycling straight into a raspberry bush as soon as he let go - are of the French countryside.

I've been travelling quite a bit recently, both around the world and round England, yet a small part of me is yearning to get back to the idyll of rural France. Places like Brittany have always held a very special place in my heart, I don't know if it's the different pace of life, the childhood memories, or the sheer beauty of it, but I want to get myself a bike, a baguette, a big wheel of brie and live in a field of lavender for a week. Maybe befriend some French cows.

Stick this playlist on, and take a look at all these pics of the beautiful French countryside, and try to fight the urge to run there immediately. (P.S. Please excuse the picture of Harry Styles, my friend and I have a theory that if you go down far enough on 8tracks you will inevitably find one related to him - this was the first playlist).




















All pictures are from this Pinterest search page.

No comments:

Post a Comment