Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Kalkan, Turkey | Wanderlust Wednesday


Now, are you sitting comfortably? Are you sure? Because I'm going to let you in on a secret.

Recently I went back to Kalkan with my family, one of my favourite places in the entire world, for the third time. I first went about eleven years ago, and then went again three years later, so I hadn't been in about eight years. And y'know what? I loved it just as much. It's one of those places in the world that you just can't tire of, and I'm so happy that I was able to go before it became more recognised as a tourist location. I almost didn't write this post because I wasn't sure if I wanted more people to know about it!

It's most definitely a place where you go for a pool and beach holiday. There are boat tours where you can go and visit places such as the Sunken City of Kekova, and nearby Patara beach is beautiful. This time round my brother, my dad and I all went scuba diving which was hands down one of the best experiences of my life. But asides from all that, what sets Kalkan apart is the 'vibe' - I'm really sorry about using that word, but there seriously isn't another way of describing it! Everyone is so friendly and relaxed, the sea and landscape are stunning, the food is divine. You can be almost anywhere in Kalkan or the surrounding hillside and hear the Mosque, which I think is so beautiful. It's not overrun by toursits, and everything is thoroughly based on Turkish culture.

Kalkan is a place where I will always be able to see myself returning.






















Anyways, who wouldn't go back to a place where they give you free bread and shots at tea time?

No comments:

Post a Comment